• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Sodium Chloride

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCO_Bot

Automated Robot
Staff member
Question: Hello! I have an HCPCS question regarding Sodium Chloride The Table of Drugs code is J7030 and the Index shows J2912. What am I missing? Thank you.

Answer:
I have the HCPCS Level II Expert. Sodium Chloride is not even listed in the index and I don't see J2912 in the Tabular. Further Sodium Chloride is not listed in the Table of Drugs and Biologicals.

Sodium Chloride is salt. If you look up Saline Solution in the Table of Drugs there are 4 codes for different volumes, etc., and route. They are J7042, J7050, J7030, and J7040. If you look up the Saline solution in the index we are directed to A4216, J7030-J7050, and there is an entry for Metered dose dispenser A4218.

I have learned that the index in the HCPCS book, at least the Expert Level, leaves something to be desired, so it is best to use both the Index and Table of Drugs to point you at the codes, then choose the best code for the particular situation you are coding.

Also, I have heard JoAnne Sheehan say she uses the Professional version of the HCPCS. I plan to try that next year to see if I like it better.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back